On Saturday, 18 March, 2017, the drill, PT, and Academic teams hosted and competed in the final meet of the 2016-2017 Drill season. Facing six other schools from the southern region of Area 5, our teams secured the following trophies:
- First Place Academics
- Top Individual Score: c/LTjg Popp (74)
- Third Place Unarmed Standard
- Second Place Unarmed Exhibition
- Second Place Armed Standard
- First Place Armed Exhibition
- Second Place Color Guard
- Third Place 2-man Exhibition
- Second Place Overall Drill
- First Place Push-ups
- Top individual score (male):c/SN Ruffin (71)
- Top individual score (female):c/PO2 Prera (44)
- Second Place Sit-ups
- Top individual score (female):c/PO2 Prera (99)
- First Place 8x200m Relay
- First Place Overall Athletics
- First Place Overall
We are happy to end off our competitive season on such a high note and would like to dedicate our victory to Cadet Hayden, the senior who was critically injured in December in a tragic accident. Hoorah, cadets! Job well done!
On February 4th, JRHS NJROTC drill team traveled to Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek/Fort Story in Norfolk to compete in the Princess Anne Cavalier Drill Meet. Held at the same venue used for Area 5 Drill Championships, the team placed sixth against 10 other top tier teams, including three teams who placed in Nationals last year. Although our teams did not bring home any trophies, Armed Exhibition gained 16 points in the two-event tally, while Armed Standard matched their best score for the season! Hoorah, cadets! Job well done!
On Saturday, 22 October, JRHS NJROTC traveled to Potomac High School in Prince William County to compete in the Second Annual Potomac Combined Meet. Facing tough competition from some of Area Five’s top units, the unit secured a first place win in Unarmed Exhibition Drill and a third place finish in overall drill. Hoorah Cadets! Job well done!
On 15 October, 2016, JRHS NJROTC hosted the fifth annual Knock Off the Rust drill meet. Despite preparations for homecoming and AMI, the unit was able to keep the meet running smoothly. BZ to all cadets and parents who came out to assist with the meet. Results are listed below.
- Academics: Second Place
- Top overall individual score: c/ENS Zachary Popp
- Armed Exhibition: Third Place
- Unarmed Standard: Third Place
- Unarmed Exhibition: Second Place
- Overall Drill: Third Place
- Overall Meet: Third Place