The following cadets from James River High School NJROTC competed in the 2015 Manchester Raiders Meet.
- Curran – 1st place in the mile and pushed himself to the limit on the 5k. Also his first competition
- Velzy – Good PT scores (especially mile). Stepped up on the 5k — carried extra gear and administered dihydrogen oxide therapy to struggling teammates
- Mena – 5k team motivator + only raider willing to be the simulated casualty for the litter carry. Also his first competition
- Blanco – Pushed through the pain on the 5k+ excellent job on the litter carry. Also his first competition.
- Rhodes* – outstanding one-man performance + all around beast mode + literally ran laps around the team during the 5k.
- Hayden – Suns out guns out. Excellent PT scores, no complaints on the 5k.
- Gibson – Good PT scores + quick on the fireman’s carry. Also, pushed himself to the limit on the 5k.
- Roberts – last time as raiders team lead 😥 + PHD in ropes
* denotes seniors.
Notwithstanding a last minute decision to go to the meet and limited practice time, these cadets performed outstandingly.
EDIT: CONGRATULATIONS to our Raiders who placed 3rd in the Vehicle Pull and 6th overall out of 18 teams in the Manchester Raiders meet on Saturday, May 16th. Three new Raiders Cadets Blanco, Curran and Mena earned their cords and Senior Chief Rhodes finished well in his last NJROTC competition.